Thursday 31 May 2012

A word about our Charlie....


 
Though Charlie and I share a surname, we are not related. Twitter is the magic medium that has brought us together in a  shower of mutual appreciation. We have never met , and yet this amazing bird has had one heck of an impact on my life ! I wanted to blog it so she knows ! Yes, my dear Charles, this is all about YOU!! J

So over the past few months Charlie and I have been nattering on and off twitter and found we have a great deal in common,  I have stood with her in spirit while she has gone through a really tricky time from a professional and personal perspective. Our blog is not about dwelling on the negative – that’s not who we are….but I touch on it simply because it is important to our story. I have witnessed first-hand this chica wrestle with injustice and come out grinning. She truly is a trooper of the highest order. Let me tell you why.

As a fairly new PT I am really aware that this is quite a guy-dominant industry – or so it seems to me! Equally, it is a tough world not to be pigeon-holed as a girl! I don’t do Zumba, I like to lift weights and I’ll be damned if I am told I only need to climb half way up a rope that my male counterpart has to go all the way to the beam…J I have always been like this, it is both a downfall and a strength I think…..and I feel like I have been searching without knowing it for a gal with a similar misfit attitude to life….and thank God I found Charlie! Here is someone I can share with and learn from and buzz off and dream with! Whilst I cringe and want to slap myself at the mere thought of typing the phrase ‘girl power’, I  guess that’s kind of what I mean. In Charlie, I have found a tenacious spirit, a passion for life, a genuine love of people, a desire to make the world a better place, a triumphant vibe in the face of adversity….and a shi* hot example of what it means to be a trainer! I have learnt heaps from this shining star and so publicly I wanna say ThAnKYou WALL!!! Loving our soul sista, swing sista vibe…..long may the kettle bell swing ! J



Lizzie xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from our fellow swingsistas! Please comment away, but remember, we want to lift one another up, not tear each other down so no energy vampires please!