Tuesday 11 September 2012

Tuesday SWINGSISTA WOD 11.09.12

Morning peeps,

I am sure many of you will have heard of the 5x50 challenge.... 5 k every day for 50 days.. I have seen loads of people on Twitter doing this challenge, and I have managed to persuade my Cambridge Bootcamp chicks to partake ;))  Mostly people are raising money for Sports Relief, I have chosen to raise money for Headway Cambridgeshire. Our CBC chicks have been eating "clean" to raise money towards our final POT of money to give to Headway following our Charity Quiz night on the 10th November --> So I am hoping that after this 50 day challenge, I will be able to add even more money to this great cause.

My reason for choosing Headway is a personal one. My father had a motorbike accident 19 years ago (when I was 21) in which he suffered a major head injury, and my 18 year old brother was killed.
My life changed irrevocably on the 2nd July 1993.  Headway were hugely supportive to me whilst I was caring for my father in the horrendous months that followed, and guided me in the direction of Psychiatric Nursing (very keen that my life didn't nose dive).

After around 10 years of caring for my father, Headway Cambridgeshire helped me again, offering me guidance and support as I felt alone dealing with a relative who had suffered with Head Injury.

It is for these reasons, that I have chosen to support Headway Cambridgeshire. IF you can spare even £2 please sponsor me via this link http://www.justgiving.com/Charlie-Wall   THANK YOU :O)


In light of todays post, your WOD should be a 5k Run, Swim, Jog, Walk or Cycle..

After you have completed this, please work on your TGU (Turkish Get-Up) (One of my favourite exercises)

Aim to do 10-15 each side depending on your level.


Thank you for listening today :)

Charlie x


No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from our fellow swingsistas! Please comment away, but remember, we want to lift one another up, not tear each other down so no energy vampires please!